|Superformance 1966 Ford GT40 MK1
Superformance 1966 Ford GT40 MK1
The original GT40's are phenomenal cars: Ford beat Ferrari at the grueling 24 Hours Le Mans four years running 1965 through 1969! These originals are sought by collectors worldwide. To commemorate this former racing success, Ford introduced the updated modern versions of this super car in the form of the Ford GT. Superformance, noted manufacturer of the Superformance Shelby 289/427 Cobra repli-cars, have recently introduced a superb and extremely accurate reproduction kit for the original MK1 and MK11 Ford GT 40s.
This superb example of the Superformance MK1 is one of the first full cars to be competed and has had many updates made to the original build to sort numerous issues. It's currently registered in California and has all its proper Specialty Constructed Vehicle papers, and most important one of the 500 annual SB100 SMOG exemptions.
This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a completed, well sorted, stunning Ford GT40 with all the proper paperwork that can be enjoyed on the street or track right now! Countless updates from the standard build kit have been performed to resolve many issues any builder will encounter in a specialty constructed low production vehicle. This car runs, drives and sounds wonderfully.
Manufacturer: Hi Tech Automotive, PTY Limited
Serial Number: GT40P2122
SPCNS Certificate: TIN0002283U
ZF 5 Speed Transaxle: 13120
Monza Red, White Stripe, Charcoal Alcantra interior
Performance Engineering's 1969 Casting Ford 351 stroked 4.100 to 418, thermal cleaned magnafluxed, forged crank, aluminum heads and flywheel, JE pistons, ARP studs, Edlebrock manifold, aluminum roller rockers, Mighty Demon 650 Carb, MSD Distributor, Melling oil pump, polished valve covers. Dyno sheets: 496HP at 5600 RPM, 525 TQ at 3800. Ceramic coated "bundle of snakes" headers, five speed ZF transaxle and McCleod clutch.
Updates and sorting:
* Halon Fire suppression system installed
* Air conditioning: fully sorted including electrical re-wired and all 0-rings replaced to correct leakage
* Fuel pump rewired to separate circuit
* Tow Hooks installed
* Rear Sway bars and exhaust headers modified to fit chassis, rear suspension travel and bodywork
* Shift linkage completely reworked
* Hydraulic throttle linkage installed
* Pedal Assembly repaired and re-constructed
* Front Sway bar and A-arms re-positioned for proper clearance and alignment and minimize bump steer
* Steering re-timed and all Heim Joints re-set correctly
* All under-amperage fuses, relays for AC and engine fans re-wired and/or upgraded
* And much more!
This is a private party vehicle consigned to Driveline for sale by its owner
*** CLICK ON ANY OF THE PHOTOS BELOW TO VIEW A LARGER IMAGE ***